First Day: Cusco to Santa Maria: Biking (Rafting Optional: $30 usd)
We pick you up from your hotel at 6:15am. We will drive in a private car to the Puerto Málaga (4350 m), from there we will start biking for three hours to Santa Maria. During the trip you will pass through the snowy peaks of the Andes where it is cold and dry and descend into the hot and humid high altitude jungle. Once we arrive in Santa Maria we will eat lunch and also have the option to go rafting in the Vilcanota River for an additional $30 dollars.
After lunch we will continue or ride to the small town of Santa Teresa (1 hour ride) where we will find our hostel and eat dinner.
After a fantastic breakfast, at 7am, we will begin trekking towards Aguas Calientes; first we hike for 3 hours on a dirt trail until we reach the Central Hidroeclectrica, where we will each lunch. After lunch we will hike another two hours until we reach the train tracks and arrive at Aguas Calientes, where we will stay in a hostel with private bathrooms and hot water.
Third Day: Machu Picchu
At 4:20am in the morning we will begin the climb to the Incan City of Machu Picchu (Wonder of The World) and have the opportunity to watch the sunrise. Once we reach Machu Picchu we will have a guided tour of Machu Picchu for two hours, and after the tour you have to opportunity to hike up to the peak HuaynaPicchu that overlooks the Incan City. In the afternoon we will return to Ollantaytambo from Aguas Calientes and take the train back to Cusco.
The Tour Includes:
- Pick up from your hotel on a private bus from Cusco to Abra Malaga-Santa María.
- A shirt for biking from our company with helmet and body protection included.
- Adventure bilingual guide.
- 2 nights of accommodations (hotel).
- Food for two full days (2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners), expect for the last day in Machu Picchu.
- Return train from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
Tour does NOT include:
- Entrance to hot springs: $2 USD.
- Bus to Machu Picchu: $9USD.
- Lunch on the last day in Machu Picchu
- Breakfast the first day.
Suggested you bring:
- Hiking or athletic shoes
- Insect Repellent.
- Warm and light clothing.
- Bathing suite, towel and sandals.
- Rain gear.
- Toiletries, personal medicine and passport.