Day Tour Of Machu Picchu From Ollantaytambo
To start the trip to Machu Picchu you should give yourself at least one day to acclimate in the city of Cusco. You can visit Machu Picchu in many different ways, you can take buses, cars, walk the Incan Trail in fours days or you can go by train, in this tour we use the train.
Machu Picchu Tour Description.
We will pick you up from your hotel 2.5 hours before you train departs and take you to the train station in Ollantaytambo; where your will board your train with the train company “MACHUPICCHU TRAIN”. The train ride from Ollantaytambo to your destination Aguas Calientes is 1hr 40 min long, and our guide will be there the meet you in Aguas Calientes when you arrive. From there the guide will lead you to the bus station where you will take a bus 400 meters up a zigzag rode; and after a 30 minute bus ride you will arrive at the world wonder that is “The Sanctuary of Machu Picchu”, know as the Lost City of The Incas. Having arrived at Machu Picchu you will pass through security where you will show your ticket and then begin your guided tour. In the tour will visit the principal sections of the city such as: the main plaza, the circular tower, the sacred sundial, the royal rooms, the temple of the three rooms and the cemeteries. The tour usually lasts two hours, but after the tour you will have free time to walk the city by yourselves, or your can return to the town of Aguas Calientes and eat, shop and enjoy the scenery.
In the afternoon you will return on the train back to Ollantaytambo (depending on the departure time of the train) on the same route as taken to Aguas Calientes. We will be waiting for you in Ollantaytambo to take you back to your hotel in Cusco.
Prices-Price Of Tour Per Person-2016
|USD 255||S/ 800||Tour on the Train|
You can reserve your tour or trip through this train:
Services included with the day tour of Machu Picchu
- Transportation from your hotel to the train station, and back to your hotel
- Round trip on the train from Poroy-Aguas Calientes-Poray
- Professional guide service in Spanish and English
- Transportation from Aguas Calientes-Machu Picchu-Aguas Calientes
- Ticket to enter the archeological site of Machu Picchu
- Reserved tickets, space and services from the agency
- Local country tax
Services NOT included with the day tour to Machu Picchu
- Extra food and water.
- Drinks such as soda, beer, water, and tea.
- Phone calls.
- Snacks and extra food.
- Transportation from the airport to and from your hotel.
- Bring hiking shoes or athletic shoes.
- Drink and bring plenty of liquids.
- Bring a raincoat or poncho in event of rain.
- Wear long sleeve shirt.
- Bring a sun hat of some kind and sunscreen.
- Binoculars and sunglasses.
- Personal prescriptions or toiletries you need.
- Insect repellant.
- A backpack or bag to carry personal items.
- A camera or video camera.
- Have a small amount of cash with you, dollars, euros or soles (Peruvian currency).