Cusco City tour ½ day guided tour: The Cathedral, El Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Quenqo, PucaPucara
It is recommended to do this tour the day you arrive in Cusco, and our agency organizes this tour during the afternoon. We will pick you up at your hotel between 1:30pm and 1:45pm. You will have a guided tour of the city center of Cusco, you will visit the Plaza De Armas, The Cathedral, The Temple of the Sun Qoricancha-Santo Domingo, and after you visit the center you will go to the outskirts of the city to visit archeological parks of Sacsayhuaman, Kenko, Puco Pucara and Tombomachay, and then return to the city between 6:00pm and 6:30pm.
1. The Cathedral of Cusco
We start the tour by visiting the Cathedral of Cusco, the church of La Sagrada Familia, and the church de Triunfo
2. El Qoricancha
Then we visit the temple of Qoricancha, which is the ultimate expression of Incan architecture and engineering. The temple of the sun Qoricancha is also currently the convent of Santo Domingo. After this we leave to city to visit the ruins on the outskirts of Cusco.
First we visit the impressive fortress of Sacsayhuaman (pronounced “sexy woman), it is strategically placed on top of the mountain that overlooks all of Cusco. It is famous for its enormous carved stones, some that are over 9 meters or 30 feet high and weigh up to 350 tons.
Next we visit the two archeological sites of Q’enqo Grande and Q’enqo Chico which are located just 4 kilometers to the northeast of Cusco. The word Q’enqo means labrith or zigzag, and the ruins were used solely for religious purposes. The outer part creates an amphitheater in the form of a semicircle with trapezoidal niches and monoliths that create the shape of a 6 foot long puma.
Tour Price Per Person
|USD 21||S/ 70||Price per Person|
The Tour Includes:
- Pick up from your hotel to begin the tour
- Bus for transportation
- Entrance ticket to cusco cathedral or corikancha
- Bilingual professional guides
The Tour does NOT include:
- The Ticket to enter the 4 archeological sites (Boleto General) S/130 or USD/40.1$
Recommended you bring:
- Camera or video camera
- Sun glasses, sun screen, hat
- Light clothing
- Warm clothing (weather can change fast)
Hotel Details for Pickup
Requirements to Reserve a Tour
- Date of the start of tour
- Name (how it appears on passport)
- Last Name (how it appears on passport)
- Passport Number
- Date of birth
- Name of hotel
- Phone number where you can be contacted
- Pay 50% of tour costs
- Have a “Tourist Visa” if you are from Costa Rica, Honduras or Guatemala
- The prices of the promotion and cash to pay for the tour, a 10% sub-charge will be added to any payments made with a credit card.
Instructions for Payment
1. Pay though a bank transfer
This can be done through any bank in Peru or any bank in your home country. To pay through a bank transfer you must include the following details:
- Bank: Which bank in Peru you will be sending the money
- Number of soles to be sent
- Name: Travel Puma Kiru Tours SRL.
- The deposit should be under the name Travel Puma Kiru Tours SRL. (for your convenience print this page)
After the send us the deposit to our email with the following details
- Hour and date of payment
- Number of transaction and operation
- Name that appears (should be Travel Puma Kiru Tours SRL.)
- Total amount recorded
- Bank the transaction was done through
We will send an email confirming the transaction and reconfirming your reservation.