Inca Jungle Trail 4 days/3 nights
First Day: Cusco-Santa Maria: Biking (Rafting Optional)
We pick you up from your hotel at 6:15am. We will drive in a private car to the Puerto Málaga (4350 m); from there we will start biking for three hours to Santa Maria. During the trip you will pass through the snowy peaks of the Andes where it is cold and dry and descend into the hot and humid high altitude jungle. Once we arrive in Santa Maria we will eat lunch and also have the option to go rafting in the Vilcanota river for an additional $30 dollars.
Second day: Santa Maria – Santa Teresa: Trekking
We will wake up early in the morning, and after enjoying a delicious breakfast we will begin our first day of trekking in the direction of the jungle. The first 3 hours of the trek is a large ascent, but we will have plenty of stops to rest, one of which will be a 20 minute stop at a family house where you can fill your water bottles and buy some snacks if desired. Then we will continue on the Incan trail where we will have incredible views of the entire Valley, and the trail from that point on will be an easy descent into the forest where we will see large coca and fruit plantations and cross-rivers. After hiking for 7-8 hours we will arrive at the hot springs Cocalmayo, and later arrive to the town of Santa Teresa (1900m)
Third Day: Santa Teresa-Aguas Calientes: Trekking (Canopy Zip Line-Optional $30 USD)
Eat breakfast at 7am (time to do the canopy zip line), and then continue trekkings towards the town of Aguas Calientes. The first 3 hours if the hike is on a dirt trail, and then we arrive at the train tracks of Aguas Calientes; where we will spend the night in a hotel with private bathrooms and hot water.
Fourth Day: Machu Picchu
At 4:20am in the morning we will begin the climb to the Incan City of Machu Picchu (Wonder of The World) and have the opportunity to watch the sunrise. Once we reach Machu Picchu we will have a guided tour of Machu Picchu for two hours, and after the tour you have to opportunity to hike up to the peak HuaynaPicchu that overlooks the Incan City. In the afternoon we will return to Ollantaytambo from Aguas Calientes and take the train back to Cusco.
The Tour Includes:
- Pick up from your hotel on a private bus from Cusco to Abra Malaga-Santa María.
- A shirt for biking from our company with helmet and body protection included.
- Adventure bilingual guide.
- 3 nights of accommodations (hotel).
- Food for three full days (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners), expect for the last day in Machu Picchu.
- Return train from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Protective biking gear from FOX.
Tour does NOT include:
- Entrance to hot springs: $2 USD.
- Bus to Machu Picchu: $9USD.
- Lunch on the last day in Machu Picchu.
- Breakfast the first day.
Suggested you bring:
- -Hiking or athletic shoes.
- -Insect Repellent.
- -Warm and light clothing.
- -Bathing suite, towel and sandals.
- -Rain gear.
- -Toiletries, personal medicine and passport.