2 Dayt/1night Incan Trail To Machu Picchu
This short crossing of the Incan trail makes for an unforgettable experience as we walk along the Incans footprints that marked our history. So we invite you to join us on this magical trail and feel the emotions and excitement of the trail to Machu Picchu; and view the impressive combination of archeological sites, magnificent mountains, exotic vegetation, and an extraordinary geography.
We will visit the impressive archeological sites of the Incas Chacha Bamba, Wiñaywayna, and at the end of the trail we will arrive at the incredible Machu Picchu.
Important Information: In relation to the new regulations of the Incan Trail we recommend that you make a reservation five months in advance. For conservation reasons the Peruvian Government has begun to put a regulation on 500 people daily (clients, cooks, guides ect) that can be on the trail, and most tour agencies are booked 4 months in advance. To assure that you will be able to book your desired dates we can send you an email in advanced with all the available dates.
Day 1: Cusco to Aguas Calientes.
We will pick you up in one of our vehicles at 5:30am and take you the train station in Ollantaytambo (1hr drive), at 8:53 you will board The Expedition Train for a 1 hour 45 minutes ride to start of the Incan trail. Upon arrival of the Incan trail we will cross a bridge and present our tickets and passports to register at the security check point. We begin with an easy hike to the bank of the Vilcanota river where the trail begins to travel towards the Incan archeological site of Cahcha Bamba; which is located on the ancient Incan trail and used to span the entirety of the riverbank. After we visit the archeological site of Cahcha Bamba we will begin to walk past the mountains and into the cloudiness of the forest. As we stroll through the beautiful scenery we begin to climb towards the lush meadows of the forest, and after 3 hours of hiking we will descend into the shady jungle and take a rest by a magnificent waterfall. After our break we will visit the lower part of the archeological site Wiñaywayna where we will eat lunch, and then continue to pass through the beautiful cloudy forest that is full of colorful orchids, bromelias and ferns. The last part of the hike consists of a large stone stairs and ledges (where you can rest) and then finally you just have ascend 60 large stairs to arrive at the magnificent Incan City of Machu Picchu. Where you can feel the heat and mystic of this surreal sanctuary and take unforgettable photos. After we reach the city we will take a 25-minute bus ride down to the city of Aguas Calientes where you will spend the night in a hotel and prepare for the next morning.
Food Included: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu to Cusco
We will wake up very early and eat breakfast at the hotel, and then board the earliest bus to Machu Picchu at 5:30 and arrive at the lost city at 6:00am. In the sanctuary of Machu Picchu you will be able to learn about and experience first hand the magical and incredible history of the Incan People. Together we will explore the city and its main parts with our guide for duration of 2 hours, where you will learn about the archeological history of this incredible city.
After the tour you will have 4 hours of free time where you can climb to the Wayna Picchu, or continue to explore the massive site of Machu Picchu. If you do choose to explore off the site, assure you talk to your guide first to make sure you have enough time to return to Aguas Calientes and eat lunch and relax before your train leaves to Cusco.
Food Included: Breakfast
2 Day Incan trail General Information
- Duration 2D/1N.
- Departure Point: Choquesuysuy-104 km.
- Finishing Point: Aguas Calientes/Machu Picchu.
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Age Restrictions: 12 years old.
- Type of tour: Trekking.
- Accommodations: Hotel.
- Satisfaction and Security Guaranteed.
- Type of trip: Personalized.
- Carbon Emissions: 360 CO2-E
- Group Size Restrictions: 2 min/10max.
- Transportation: Train, walking, Van.
- Contact us for price: must pay in USD.
2day Incan Trail Prices and Dates
Student discounts of 35$: for all students who have student ID and schedule for next term, and for kids under the age of 16. However all paperwork required for the discount must be sent to our company during the time of reservation.
Our Services Included:
- Transportation to and from your hotel and the train station.
- Professional bilingual guide (English/Spanish).
- Amazing Food (1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner).
- Train ride to the Incan Trail trailhead (104km).
- Train from Aguas Calientes-Ollaytantambo-Cusco.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Entrance to the Incan Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Bottle of oxygen and first aid kit.
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes in a hotel. Breakfast Included.
Our Services DON’T include:
- International flights and flights in Peru.
- Airport tax ($30USD for international flights, $6USD for flights in Peru)
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes.
- Excess luggage.
- Extra accommodation in the case of bad weather or canceled flights.
- Extra beverages such as soda, alcoholic beverages, and mineral water.
- Personal gear.
- Entrance to Wayna Picchu.
- Tip for guide.
- Libertador: Double or King size bed.
- Monasterio: Double or King size bed.
- San Agustin: Double or King Size bed.
Additional Accommodation: $30USD
If you wish to reserve a 5 Star hotel please consult with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.