2 day 1 night tour to Machu Picchu to visit: Machu Picchu, Aguas Calientes and Huaynapicchu
First Day (without a guide)
- At 6am leave your hotel in Cusco in a taxi to the train station.
- Take the train from Cusco to Aguas Calientes (4 hour train ride).
- Have the whole day free in Aguas Calientes (Optional: Visit Machu Picchu on your own bill).
- Lunch in a restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
- A night in a hotel of your choice.
Second Day: (Guided Tour)
- 5:30am take a bus to Macchu Picchu.
- 6:00am guided tour of Macchu Picchu.
- Take the Incan Trail to Huaynapicchu (3 hours) (1st group leaves at 7:00am).
- Guided tour of Incan City (10:00am).
- Take the bus back to Aguas Calientes.
- In the afternoon take a train back to Cusco.
- We will be waiting at the train station in Cusco to take you back to your hotel.
- End of Services
2 Day tour Description:
We will pick you up from your hotel 1 hour before the time your train departs from Cusco, we will take you to the strain station located in the locality of Poroy (30 min from center) where you will board your train with the company PERURAIL; which will take you to small town Aguas Cllientes in 4 hours.
Once you arrive in Aguas Calientes we will take you to your hotel to enjoy the lunch that is included in your tour. Then you will have the afternoon free to discover the town of Aguas Calientes, go to the hot springs or wonder in the local markets; however at night our guide will have a small meeting with you to discuss the information about your tour the next day.
The next day you will be leaving very early to board a bus that will take you 400 meters up a zigzag rode to your final destination; after a 30 minute bus ride you will arrive at the world wonder that is “The Sanctuary of Machu Picchu”, know as the Lost City of The Incas. Having arrived at Machu Picchu you will pass through security where you will show your ticket and then begin your guided tour. During the tour you will visit the principal sections of the city such as: the main plaza, the circular tower, the sacred sundial, the royal rooms, the temple of the three rooms and the cemeteries. The tour usually lasts two hours, but after the tour you will have free time to walk the city by yourselves, or you can return to the town of Aguas Calientes where we will take your back to your hotel to gather your belongings and begin your journey back to Cusco. You will take the same route to Cusco that you originally took to Aguas Calientes, and we will be waiting for you at the train station in Cusco to take you back to your hotel.
Note: It is possible to use the bolt system, if it its available it can be used through the company PERURAIL. If this is the case then you will take ground transportation from Cusco to Ollantaytambo, and from Ollantaytambo you will go to Aguas Calientes. The return trip will be from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo by train and then ground transportation from Ollantaytambo back to Cusco, and our company will be in the charge of all ground transportation to and from Cusco.